Saturday, July 14, 2012

Nawabi Days of my Life


I'd spent around four years of my life in Lucknow(UP), India, a place where my life was supposed to revolve around studies. Well, but it wasn't like that intact not at all. After all, I was the smartest of many applicants to get into All India Examination for my graduation course. But my reality was bit different 'Hat Ke'.

My life was not only about going classes, attending lectures, assignments, programming labs, viva and project work. For me there were many other interesting things like my lovely friends, lucknow ki ladkiyan, lucknow ki muglai, novelty aliganj and yes later on Saharaganj and Waves.

Me and my friends would watch movies in front stalls; eat fabulous dinner at Fauji ka Dhaba. I only have to close my eyes and it all comes rushing back. Like the way we would sprint to the last row of movie theater Novelty Aliganj.

Actually, I was living in a private hostel so I was getting different flavors of life in my stay over there. At one hand I was having friends with whom I was studying my graduation course and on the other hand I was hanging around with the one's who were not at all related to my education pursuits. However, both sides were equally important for me and I enjoyed every bit of that.

Most of my friends were from different engineering, medical and management colleges, Relax, No I am not going to drag you down into any education related side of my life because I don't want you to get an idea about the amount of back papers I had in each terms.

Obviously watching moves in theaters was the best time pass for us and when we were not watching moves, we were watching girls; most of them were seen in Saharaganj and Waves. Among other non academic pursuits were hanging with 'rikshawala' as half a dozed of us pulled into one riksha, playing cricket on the road, holding jam session (especially in my room and in mess).

How can I forget to mention lopstop ki chai and patties and the stairs where we hang up. Movie ticket and coffee were too pricey at Saharaganj and Waves but we would still go there to check out the 'Girls'. However, by our second year we had grown up enough to start placing orders instead of simply occupying tables.

And now the most important thing by the final year, some of us even had girlfriends!!!!

Today I am in London and life is much better in many different ways but sometimes I do miss those lines 'ki yaar chal novelty aliganj chalte hain movie dekhne.'

Rest some other time.

Cheers!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment